Fisher Legal Group



Many different categories of visas are offered in the United States. If you wish to live permanently in the United States and gain citizenship – and if you have a family member, friend, or employer who is a U.S. citizen and is willing to sponsor you – you can pursue an immigrant visa from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you wish to stay temporarily in the United States as a tourist, student, temporary worker, diplomatic personnel, or in some other short-term capacity, you can pursue a nonimmigrant visa. Whatever your end goal may be – whether permanent residency or temporary work or study – obtaining your visa will most likely be the first step in your American journey.


Contact the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to set up an appointment. You can find this office by consulting the international list of U.S. Embassies, Consulates and Diplomatic Missions provided by the U.S. Department of State. Sometimes these appointments can mean a long wait time, so it is important to move quickly as soon as you think you may be traveling or moving to the United States. You may have to pay an initial fee prior to your meeting. It is also wise to collect your passport, proof of fee payment, and any other documentation required for the visa type you need.

The official you meet with will review your application along with your passport and other documents before approving or denying your visa. This process can take several weeks. Once your visa has been approved, you will be able to pass through a port of entry – typically an airport – into the United States. You will need to fill out a specific arrival / departure form before leaving your plane and you will meet with a U.S. official who will check your paperwork and conduct a short interview.


If you are planning a trip to the United States, don’t hesitate to contact the Fisher Legal Group to obtain the assistance of a dedicated Orlando immigration attorney who can help you smooth out any confusing details and ensure that you don’t miss steps in your visa application process. When it comes to obtaining your U.S. visa, the stakes are high, so don’t leave anything to chance. Our attorneys are highly experienced in the field of immigration law and have been able to help numerous men and women obtain both temporary and permanent residency in the United States. If you already have a visa and wish to learn more about Form I-539, Application to Extend / Change Nonimmigrant Status, in order to prolong your stay or even gain permanent residency, we can help. Call our Orlando visa application legal team today to discuss your options in a free case evaluation.

Fisher Legal Group

Get your questions answered - Call for a free consultation or assessment of your needs (407) 792-6970.